Monday, November 18, 2013

This is Autism: Public and Proud

Written by John Saddington - @Saddington

I was (finally) diagnosed as an adult earlier this year but it took a while for me to garner the support and courage to go public with it, especially since I had an existing following online and have been a “public” persona and figure, at least from a digital perspective. Some of my blog readers and followers have been following me for years.

But at the end of the day I realized that there is more good that can come from going public with my diagnosis and that I do not have as much to fear as I originally believed. I shared my story last week (an epic 4,000+ blog post) and I’m even more confident now that I made the right decision!

I hope going public will help create awareness as well as encourage other autists to embrace who they really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment